Sunday, September 9, 2007

Using ALEX in the Classroom

As a future educator, I know that preparation is the most important element of my career. When a teacher is not fully prepared for the instructional day this causes strife to both the student and the teacher. As technology vastly changes, many of the teacher resources are found online, one of which is ALEX. While surfing ALEX,I found many useful and resourceful items.
The attention grabbers were the word searches, crosswords, and matching. These activities could be use as Standardized Achievement Preparation or daily lessons. To hold student's interests, many of the items had different sports themes on them. Also, I found a list of suggested readings for grades six through twelve. I am definitely going to go back to ALEX when I am an educator.

No comments: